The goal of a new-patient visit is to adequately assess your condition and create a plan for treatment. To be effective, previous spinal evaluation and treatment information is needed. Please ensure that all previous medical records are sent to Twin Cities Spine Center (TC Spine) two weeks prior to your initial visit or bring them to your appointment. If these medical records and scans are not available at the time of the initial visit, the appointment may need to be rescheduled.
In preparation for your appointment, please review the new patient checklist.
Upon arrival at TC Spine, your information will be verified. The consent for treatment must be signed.
During the initial appointment:
- A member of the physician's team reviews medical history and performs a physical examination. Team members may include a clinic assistant, nurse clinician, physician assistant or orthopedic fellow.
- Information is presented to the TC Spine physician. The physician also may discuss medical history, review records and perform a physical examination.
- The patient receives an explanation of diagnosis and recommendations for ongoing care which may include nonoperative and operative treatments.
- Additional diagnostic testing (MRI, CT, EMG, injection, etc.) may be ordered.
- Clinic staff provide instructions for follow-up procedures or appointments.
New Patient Checklist
Below is a checklist of items and forms that will help prepare you for your upcoming appointment and make your visit as productive as possible.
If records or test results are being sent to TC Spine by other facilities, all information should be sent in advance of your appointment to our central mailing address: 913 E 26th St., Suite 600 Minneapolis, MN 55404 or faxed to: 612.775.6222.
- Medical records. If your relevant records are not already at our clinic, please obtain them and bring them with you.
- Previous x-rays, CT or MRI scans. Actual films or CD is required. Reports alone are not sufficient.
- Results of previous testing or treatment (EMGs, physical therapy, injection reports, etc.).
- Bring any corsets, braces or other supports prescribed for you.
- Registration form—complete, print, sign and bring with you.
- Health history intake form—print, complete and bring with you.
- Patient financial policy—for review.
- Financial disclosure—for review.
- Notice of HIPAA privacy—for review.
- Consent form—complete, print and bring with you.
- Verbal authorization form—if you want to give us authorization to discuss your health information with individuals you designate (spouse, family member, friend, etc.)
- You will be sent via U.S. mail two questionnaires. Please complete those forms and bring them with you.
- Maps and directions to our various clinic locations.
For your first visit, please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to get registered.