With an international reputation for excellence
With an international reputation for excellence, Twin Cities Spine Center attracts some of the most capable professionals in the health care field. Employees enjoy a professional work environment that includes state-of-the-art equipment, competitive compensation and benefits.
Staff are employed in the following departments:
- Patient services: Nurse clinicians, clinic assistants, appointment schedulers and x-ray technologists comprise this department.
- Research and education: This department includes clinical research coordinators and assistants.
- Support services: Medical executive assistants, medical record clerks, registrars and business office staff are employed in this department.
For information about current job openings in these areas and to apply, please visit our employment site or see current opportunities below.
The following employment opportunities are currently available at Twin Cities Spine Center:
Patient Registration Specialist - Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis (rotate to remote clinics as needed)
Job Status: Full Time
Days: Monday through Friday,
Possible Shifts*: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
*Shifts may vary depending on clinic need
The Patient Registration Specialists plays a key role in creating a positive experience for our patients as they are the first point of contact when patients arrive to our clinics. This role is responsible for creating a good first impression by cheerfully greeting incoming patients, distributing paperwork, checking/entering insurance/demographic information, and processing co-pays/payments. They are also responsible for working collaboratively with clinic staff to help facilitate a smooth clinic flow and ensuring that patient's questions have been answered before leaving the clinic.
- Greet and check-in patients for clinic and radiology appointments
- Clearly explain required paperwork to patients
- Gather demographic and insurance information, checking patient eligibility and accurately entering into NextGen to facilitate timely billing
- Process co-pays and patient payments
- Make daily charts for patient appointments
- Assist patients with the scheduling of future appointments
- Enroll and educate patients regarding the patient portal
- Coordinate the scheduling of interpreter services for patients when needed
- Maintain and update provider database in NextGen to ensure accurate tracking of referring providers
- Maintain organized front office lobby area including straightening magazines, stocking coffee supplies, and general office clean up
- Work closely and cooperatively with clinic staff to help facilitate a smooth clinic flow and patient continuity of care
- Answer phones and handle calls in an efficient and friendly manner
- Contact patients via phone for demographic and/or insurance information
- Travel to remote sites as needed
- Assist patients and visitors with questions, directions, and/or concerns
- Display professionalism, compassion, tact, and respect at all times when working with co-workers and patients
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adherence to all laws and regulations applicable to the position, including HIPAA
- Champions TCSC values and culture and strives to achieve established goals while fostering an environment where customer service is a priority
- Adherence to TCSC polices as are issued and may change from time to time
- Participates in educational activities and staff meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Front desk/Business office experience and/or customer service experience preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Proficiency in MS Word
- Knowledge of various insurance companies and their protocols
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet established deadlines and benchmarks with a sense of urgency
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt to different working styles
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing workload and following assignments through to completion
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, and details with accuracy
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and on-time arrival to work as scheduled
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service to external and internal customers by communicating with knowledge and compassion
- Ability to pay attention to the smallest details involved in taking service to the next level
- Ability to remain calm and professional in all situations
- Ability to resolve basic service recovery issues and understand when to escalate to next level
- Ability to work with patients of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds
The above job description is intended to provide a general outline of some of the basic job requirements and responsibilities and is not all inclusive. Job responsibilities, required skills, and working conditions are also subject to change from time to time.
Twin Cities Spine Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified disabled individuals in accordance with applicable federal and state law.
To learn more about our opportunities and apply please visit our employment site.
Questions about our opportunities can be directed to email@example.com.
Twin Cities Spine Center is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
If you need reasonable accommodation in the application process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources via email, phone, fax, or mail.
Address: 913 East 26th Street, Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55404